Friday, January 26, 2007

My Significance



"When you are eighty or ninety, sitting on the porch rocking, and looking back on your life, how will you feel about it? How will you feel about it? What have you done with the gift of life? Your life will be determined by the Relationships you form, The Decisions you make, and the Actions you take. Life does not consist of the years lived, but of its usefulness. Your focus must beyond yourself. If you are giving, encouraging, and adding value to others, you are living a useful life. That is significance. " John Maxwell

Over the last few months I have thought quite a bit about what it means to make a difference. It is so easy to become bogged down with the everyday issues we all face and I am shocked how quickly the time is passing. I am frequently reminded of Luke 12:48 "For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much be required"

This blog will endeavor to provide a window into some of my thoughts and actions, and will hopefully provide some enjoyment and reflections upon this great gift of life that God has given me. Please feel free to leave posts or email me at jeffenglund@yahoo.com.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

That's a really cool picture - makes me want to go to Guatemala!

Char said...

Let me assure you, you are making a difference. I don't know if you recall taking care of Dave when he was at Christ with his TIA's. You were different from the other nurses, we felt safe and I felt so comfortable with Dave's care. When we discovered that you were a Christian (we had thought so from the beginning) and who you were, we felt so blessed of God. If I recall it wasn't even your normal "job" to be taking care of one patient. God is good. You are being used by Him. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your pics very much. Love, MOM